Discover your personalized health recommendations
What is the USPSTF?
The role of USPSTF
- The USPSTF is an independent panel of national experts that makes evidence-based recommendations about clinical preventive services. Their recommendations are made publicly available on the USPSTF website and through their Prevention TaskForce (previously ePSS) app that provides tailored recommendations based on age, sex, and selected behavioral risk factors.
- For more information, visit https://www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/uspstf/
How do I access the Prevention TaskForce app?
- You can download it for free. Visit https://www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/apps/ to learn how to download the app or access the web version. The app is also embedded here.
- Type in any keyword related to a condition or illness to find recommendations for screening. You may also filter by your demographics such as sex, age, height, etc.
Who else knows about the Prevention TaskForce?
- This app was designed to help primary care physicians identify the proper screening, counseling, medications, and other preventive services that are appropriate for patients. It can be used in clinics and physicians’ offices.
How is the USPSTF connected to Navigating Wellness?
- Navigating Wellness is a supplement to the USPSTF recommendations. This tool is intended to provide prevention-based information that will help you be more informed as a health care patient, build health literacy, and have control over your health as you engage with health prevention information. Navigating Wellness and the USPSTF recommendations are not intended to be substitutes for the advice of a certified medical professional.