Smoking Cessation Resources
- The quitSTART app is a free smartphone app that helps you quit smoking with individualized tips, motivation, and challenges.
- For more information on quitSTART, watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNNSYUN6FPA&t=60s
Federal Cessation Resources
- Learn about smoking cessation medications here https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/campaign/tips/quit-smoking/quit-smoking-medications/index.html
- Sign up for free texts: To sign up, text QUIT to 47848 or sign up using the form on this website: https://smokefree.gov/tools-tips/text-programs/quit-for-good/smokefreetxt?s_cid=OSH_tips_D9402
Chicago Cessation Resources
- The Respiratory Health Association’s Courage to Quit (this is an adult tobacco cessation program that offers information, skill-building and support to help participants achieve their smoke-free goals).
- The University of Chicago Medicine offers Chicago Stop Smoking Research Project (C-STOP). This is a clinical trial examining stop smoking methods for people who are regular alcohol drinkers.
- BecomeAnEx.org; this is a free online program that helps individuals re-learn what life without smoking is like. It provides participants with personalized quit plans and support from other smokers and ex-smokers.
- Illinois Tobacco Quitline; this is a statewide telephone helpline that is staffed by trained counselors who can provide you with information about quitting and can work with you to develop a quit smoking plan that’s customized to your needs.
- UChicago Medicine’s Courage to Quit (CTQ) program, which offers an individualized and comprehensive approach to helping participants overcome nicotine addiction and quit smoking within 2-3 sessions