Non-Binary & LGBTQ+ Resources
Howard Brown Health
- Howard Brown Health is an organization that focuses on providing health care for people within the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ+) community in several areas throughout the city of Chicago.
- They are one of the largest health care and research organizations primarily caring for the LGBTQ community in the United States.
- In addition to healthcare, they also provide a variety of services that include housing, jobs, food, education and more through the Broadway Youth Center and Brown Elephant Resale Shops, which Howard Brown owns.
- They have 12 clinic locations across Chicago in the South/West/North sides and provide both COVID-19 and Telehealth services.
- Find more information at: https://howardbrown.o
The Center on Halsted
- Center on Halsted is the Midwest’s largest community center dedicated to providing a safe environment with health and wellness programs to LGBTQ+ people, including
- HIV/AIDs and STD testing
- Behavioral health therapy
- Anti-violence project
- Art gallery
- Cyber center (provides internet access and technology training to its community members)
- Senior meal plan and social programs
- Recreational classes and sports such as cooking and volleyball
- Bisexual & transgender programs
- Women’s programs
- GED programming and career development
- Check out the Center on Halsted’s website here: https://www.centeronhalsted.org/. They also offer regular events geared towards specific areas of interest, such as mental health, cultural, transgender, youth, women, family, and more.
- The Center on Halsted is located at 3656 N Halsted St, Chicago, IL 60613